Know your ‘Why’ is one of the most important things to establish early in the project.
Most homeowners have a vision of what type of home they want to build by looking at display homes or design magazines. Homeowners are excited about what they saw. They imagined what it would be like if they stay in one of those homes.
They rushed into getting an architect or designer to draw up the floor plans, 3D drawings, and the lot. Exciting process! However, homeowners forget there is one step they need to do before this process. It is to do with goal setting and planning!
It might sound basic, but it is one of the most crucial things that will make or break the project. Homeowners need to have laser-sharp clarity on their goals from the start. Determine the ‘Why’ factor of your project before dreaming of the ‘Wow’ factor.
Having a goal, and knowing your ‘Why’ will help you in making the right decision as your project progresses. It also avoids regrets and heartaches.
Here are some questions you need to consider:
- Why do you want to build your dream home?
- What is the purpose that motivates you to do this project?
- How long do you plan to stay in this house?
- What is the budget for the construction and the overall budget for the project?
- What are the expected life changes during your stay in the new house?
- What is your long-term legacy goal for this home?
- Is this home going to be a family asset or investment property?
Don’t leave your planning to the last or make it up as you go along. Establish it early and have a laser-focused vision before you start your project.
Download a free Long-Term Planning Chart Template here https://studiom514.com.au/bonus
#melbournearchitecture #melbournearchitects #homeplanning #knowyourwhy